The best way to make your computer feel like new? A solid-state drive (SSD) upgrade to your old Apple or Windows computer — desktop or laptop.
SSDs have no moving mechanical components, so this distinguishes them from traditional electromechanical magnetic disks such as hard disk drives (HDDs), and SSDs do not need to spin or seek to locate data. The advantages of solid-state drives over traditional hard drives, are due to their ability to access data completely electronically instead of electromechanically, resulting in fast and superior transfer speeds, and mechanical ruggedness. After upgrading, you’ll be amazed at the performance improvements and wondering why you waited so long!
«Launching a program, opening a file, and saving something to disk will all happen much, much faster. Click a program, and it can load almost instantly. All those little moments of waiting you don’t notice when you use your computer are adding up. Even just browsing the web will be faster — with your browser’s cache files stored on an SSD, they’ll load almost instantly instead of more slowly from a mechanical drive (HDD).»
SSDs work on all OS X versions since 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) and all Windows computers from Vista to Windows 10.
Let’s make your old computer 10x faster
- We have upgrade packages starting from 150 EUR, which includes a free dust cleaning and an overall inspection.
- For an additional 20 EUR, you can have a quality external HDD box for your old drive; this way you receive a free back-up disc!
- We will only copy the important data back to the new and fast SSD drive, and keep the remaining data on the old drive.
- Also, this counteracts the effect of viruses transferring, so no need to worry. Price includes disc-cloning if needed.
- 24-month warranty for drives.